Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ebong......Ritu da and Nabo di !!

Its one of those rare occasions,that comes once in a while when you get to witness two of your most beloved 'iconic' personalities on stage,together..hand in hand..This happened recently at the Washington Bangla Radio awards.I remember the last time i got to catch up with the two of them together in Etv Bangla's chat show EBONG RITUPARNO, a show hosted by the film maker himself..Here's a poetess and a novelist (pardon me,i must refer to her as a legend !) whom i have loved since ages.I remember going through her short children stories during my school days (summer vacation days to be precise!), and later, her collection of stories which were published in the annual Nabakallol subscriptions.
Much later, maybe 3,4 yrs back i read her first novel 'Sita theke Shuru' and was completely bowled over by her writing that combined high intellect along with incredible wit and humour ! Since then my passion towards her writings grew day by day..Nati Nabanita, Monsieur Hulor holiday, travelogues like Karuna Tomar kon path diye, Truck bahone Mcmohan, novels like Nattorombho, Swabhumi etc..and the columns that i always keep myself updated with, from her exclusive,evergreen Bhalo bashar baaranda.
Now coming to the other one,he's undoubtedly my most cherished film maker of all time. The countless times i have seen all his films, i could well write a thesis on his celluloid work ! ( Oh! exaggerated heights of my over confidence!) I have been extremely biased towards his films,have watched them repeatedly on my dvd player,rewinding scenes after scenes,the dialogues almost engraved within my grey matter!sometimes even overlooking the flaws in flicks like Khela, Shob Charitro kalponik and The last lear. Ghosh is not just a great story teller, for me,he's a painter who has sketched out some impeccable women protagonists over these years that i have fallen in love with..Be it Bonolata, Boro bou (of Antarmahal), Titli, Kaberi, Rohini, Vandana, Shikha, Padmini Chowdhury, Ranga pishima or my most favourite Sarojini Gupta !

2 comments:

  1. had been thru sm of her literary works..and its really good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. a film maker par excellence..loved his dosaar,dahan,barivali,antarmahl

    ReplyDelete