Sunday, March 18, 2012

Romancing the Sea....

I have always been fascinated by the sea since my childhood.I remember i was in school,after my IVth standard final exams,i went to Puri,Orissa for the first time,along with my family, during my summer vacation.Puri, being famous for Shri Jagannath dhaam and 'The sea',bay of bengal....that was my first encounter with the sea,needless to say,the memories of the sea are still so vivid on my mind!..


Almost 16 years later i had my second encounter with the sea,at Kanyakumari, and was overwhelmed once again with the sound of the giant sea waves splashing against the shores (and me!) and the very confluence of the three water bodies - The Bay of Bengal, The Arabian Sea and The Indian ocean,'Triveni Sangam' as it is commonly referred as! The bus journey from Madurai to Kanyakumari is quite a pleasant one, unlike the bumpy road journeys we mostly come across with..Me and my friend,we reached our destination at around 2am,so i had to wait for 4 hours more to get a glimpse of the sea!

Rain and the sea shore..walking down a serene beach holding a special someone's hand! That's my most cherished dream (cliched as it might sound..) and one of my ultimate romantic moment! When people ask me 'What's your perfect idea of a romantic date?'...my answer would be undoubtedly - 'Rains, sea shore, kenny G,sound of the splashing waves,the breeze and a hand to hold onto'...Though the serenity was quite evident at the Chothavillai beach and Sanguthurai beach at kanyakumari (beautiful beaches!) but there was no sign of rain that day (scorching heat actually!) that i missed..and even though i had a company,my friend Sourav Das,still.. there was no holding hands or any of those romantic moments with a special 'someone' that i have always desired for...



At one point,i remember,my friend was busy collecting sea shells and i was just walking along the beach,was in a complete trance (well!the sea does that to me!)...and strangely then,i was somehow feeling extremely low with that loneliness (that actually doesn't happen always)..Suddenly i saw a stranger sitting nearby (and he was quite dishy!) and i had this utmost urge to go to him and ask 'Will u hold my hand and walk along with me through the beach?' ;) silly actually,but i wish i had the guts to at least go and say that...who knows, may be, he would have complied!

3 comments:

  1. I loved your post. I feel exactly the same way about the sea... I live in Portugal, Lisboa, and my mother was born on a small village named Porto Covo. You'd love the sea there...and the quietness...

    "'What's your perfect idea of a romantic date?'...my answer would be undoubtedly - 'Rains, sea shore, kenny G,sound of the splashing waves,the breeze and a hand to hold onto'..."

    Loved that phrase. That's my perfect idea of a romantic date too! Kenny G is great but maybe i would trade it to Pink Floyd...don't know... :)

    Great blog anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atena : Hey..Hi...Thank u so much for taking ur time out and going thru my blog ;) would love to visit Porto Covo sometime,coz i admire the serenity of the beaches... ;)its always the calmness of an atmosphere that makes my idea of a romantic date perfect!! ;)

      i love Pink Floyd too, specially some of thr compositions like 'take it back', 'wish u were here' etc...

      Delete
  2. Atena : Hey..Hi...Thank u so much for taking ur time out and going thru my blog ;) would love to visit Porto Covo sometime,coz i admire the serenity of the beaches... ;)its always the calmness of an atmosphere that makes my idea of a romantic date perfect!! ;)

    i love Pink Floyd too, specially some of thr compositions like 'take it back', 'wish u were here' etc...

    ReplyDelete